Skip to main content

DAY 9: Productive Day


I woke up to my husband doing some organizing in the garage (he's an early bird) and he also sold something on Ebay. He made $100. Yeay for my husband, he is the best! We decided to keep it in the Paypal account for now. Plus he fixed a barstool that had been broken for a little while now. I really appreciate that stuff. I hate dealing with fixing things.Also, the kids have cleaned out their rooms the past few weeks and we are gearing up for a garage sale. Maybe we will do it next month when the weather gets better.
I decided to let my Stockton Record subscription run out since I heard of a better deal with the Modesto Bee. But, I'm not signing up until March. In the meantime, I went and bought a Sunday paper for my coupons. That's the only time I actually left the house today. The rest of the day I cleaned, did laundry and cooked. My sister in law, Myrna and her boyfriend, Bill came over to have a birthday dinner. I made the Portagee Beans with Garlic Cheddar Biscuits. I doubled the biscuit recipe and I should have doubled the Portagee Beans too.I barely made enough for everyone. Luckily they filled up on biscuits! I might make it again next weekend since I have all the ingredients except the beans. Annie and I made some delicious confetti cupcakes with blue and green frosting. Then she dipped half of them in coconut shreds. Of course we left one un-frosted for Leo. He hates frosting. Go figure that kid eats pretty much anything and everything but he doesn't like frosting. He is not much of sweet tooth which I am glad for. Annie on the other hand loves her sweets!
If you haven't heard of Mint.com. I suggest you give it a try. It is a free website that tracks all your debt, bills, income, assets, bank accounts, etc. It lets you set up a budget and does a cool pie chart that shows you where your money goes. For us our biggest expense is Rent followed very closely by Education Expenses. It's really helping me stay focused on sticking with the plan this month. I am feeling really good about our spending freeze so far and I haven't heard a single complaint. I am happy that everyone is on board and supportive. Today was a great and productive day!


Comments

Rochelle said…
I find Mint program really keeps me stay on track. When I get a chance I'll send you my graph showing the decrease of spending over time.
That's awesome. Mind shows both a decrease in income and spending. So not as inspiring! ~lol~

Popular posts from this blog

#2-Korean Restaurant

This a blog about trying new things. Reaching beyond my comfort zone, exploring and making the most of life. My goal is to try 52 new things. One per week for a year. When I told my husband Joel that I was starting a blog about trying new things, the first suggestion he had was "you should try new types of food".  Of course... he would say that. I do not like trying new foods. Let me repeat that: I do not like trying new foods. Ask anyone who really knows me. I go to the same restaurants and eat the same things, over and over. My husband, on the other hand, will eat anything. No, really, I mean ANYTHING. He always says, "if I went on Survivor I would be the only contestant to gain weight". It has always mildly annoyed him that I am not more adventurous when it comes to food. Luckily, I have other positive traits that help him get over it. He suggested Korean and Indian. Our friends and family have been talking about a new Korean restaurant that recently opened.

#5 Body Wrap

This a blog about trying new things. Reaching beyond my comfort zone, exploring and making the most of life. My goal is to try 52 new things. One per week for a year. A few months ago I was at the gym. Upon entering there was a table with two young women sitting there promoting a spa package deal. I bought it, $60 for 5 different treatments including a "spot" body wrap. It also included a one hour message, facial and acupressure. My second trip to the spa I decided to do the body wrap. The only wrap I had heard about, besides the one you eat, was being wrapped up like a mummy then covered in cellophane wrap as you proceed to sit in a sauna a sweat off the pounds. That's called a compression wrap. I did not get one of those. What I got was a lot different. Vicky took me into a room with a massage table. She asked me where I would like the spot wrap done. I said "my muffin top, my stomach". She said, "that's what most ladies get done". She to

#13-Medifast: Part 2

Continued... After ordering my Medifast food and a few days before it arrived I ate all my favorite foods. Kind of a binge good-bye to my dear friends...til we meet again. I had spent the day before my food arrived researching and reading anything I could find about Medifast including opinions on the food taste. Of course, everyone had an opinion and they were all different. Which means just about everything was sounding bad. I received my box of Medifast food August 31st. I opened it up and looked at my months worth of meals. It also came with some literature for me to read. Most of the meals are in powdered packets. Oatmeal, pudding, soup, brownies, soft serve ice cream, eggs, pancakes, shakes. They also have bars, puffs and pretzels. Annie shouts "I want a granola bar!" I wave my hands over the pile of food now spread out on the table..."this is all for mommy, ok?" Then I proceed to give her an apple for a snack. Inside I start to panic just a little but wonder