Skip to main content

DAY 26, 27 & 28: The End...sort of.

Today is the last day, officially, of the spending freeze. I got a little behind last week on blogging every day so I am combining three days into one.
I made a trip to the Salvation Army. They were having a sale on clothes, $1 each except on jeans. Jeans were half off. I bought 3 pairs of jeans for Leo, a sweater for myself and a cape/shawl for Annie. Total was $12. I had never been to the Salvation Army store. I much prefer Goodwill. I might go there next week, if I have time. I usually find really good stuff there for the kids. 
I am very very happy that we did the spending freeze. We spent very little beyond our bills, groceries and gas. I took a hard look at what we could do to improve and took steps to make things better. Now that we have a firm grip on our spending, the goal is to stay the course. Like I said before, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. In a few months our debt will decrease by paying off our car and soon after our tax debt and then our credit card. My goal is to have all three of those paid in full by the end of the year. Once those bills are eliminated, our bills/debt will be reduce monthly by about $500. And technically we will be debt free...besides Joel's student loans.
I highly recommend doing the spending freeze for a month. Even if you don't "need" to, like we did. I think it opens your eyes to where your money really goes and how much of it you spend. If you save all the money you would have normally spent during a freeze you might be able to pay of a credit card or have enough money for a vacation, or realize that you can afford to change jobs or maybe even become stay at home mom...the possibilities are endless!
Happy Saving everybody and God Bless~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#2-Korean Restaurant

This a blog about trying new things. Reaching beyond my comfort zone, exploring and making the most of life. My goal is to try 52 new things. One per week for a year. When I told my husband Joel that I was starting a blog about trying new things, the first suggestion he had was "you should try new types of food".  Of course... he would say that. I do not like trying new foods. Let me repeat that: I do not like trying new foods. Ask anyone who really knows me. I go to the same restaurants and eat the same things, over and over. My husband, on the other hand, will eat anything. No, really, I mean ANYTHING. He always says, "if I went on Survivor I would be the only contestant to gain weight". It has always mildly annoyed him that I am not more adventurous when it comes to food. Luckily, I have other positive traits that help him get over it. He suggested Korean and Indian. Our friends and family have been talking about a new Korean restaurant that recently opened.

#5 Body Wrap

This a blog about trying new things. Reaching beyond my comfort zone, exploring and making the most of life. My goal is to try 52 new things. One per week for a year. A few months ago I was at the gym. Upon entering there was a table with two young women sitting there promoting a spa package deal. I bought it, $60 for 5 different treatments including a "spot" body wrap. It also included a one hour message, facial and acupressure. My second trip to the spa I decided to do the body wrap. The only wrap I had heard about, besides the one you eat, was being wrapped up like a mummy then covered in cellophane wrap as you proceed to sit in a sauna a sweat off the pounds. That's called a compression wrap. I did not get one of those. What I got was a lot different. Vicky took me into a room with a massage table. She asked me where I would like the spot wrap done. I said "my muffin top, my stomach". She said, "that's what most ladies get done". She to

#8 Seattle-Part 3 (The Master at work, more eating and Lakeview cemetery)

This a blog about trying new things. Reaching beyond my comfort zone, exploring and making the most of life. My goal is to try 52 new things. One per week for a year. After our wonderful day at the market and the museum we went back to our hotel to rest. Our last night in Seattle we headed to a suburb called Northgate. Joel had made arrangements to give a seminar at MKG www. mkgseattle .com where Bahala Na Escrima has a growing and loyal following. So...for those of you who don't know yet, my husband Joel is also known as Master Joel Juanitas.  He is a Master in the Bahala Na Filipino Martial Arts Association www.bahalana.org that teaches Giron Escrima Arnis. Escrima is a Filipino weapon-based fighting system utilizing the stick, knife or improvised weapon. It is his passion and he trains students every week. He has been a practitioner since he was in high school. Only two blocks away from where Joel grew up lived an Escrima Grand Master, Leo Giron (our son's namesake). L